The Capital and Commercial graduate offers the opportunity to work with the Treasury teams that focus on improving New Zealanders’ wellbeing through the effective use of the Government’s commercial and financial assets.
You do not need a specific academic background for this stream but would be able to demonstrate a strong interest in ensuring effective businesses through excellent corporate governance; financial, commercial and operational asset management, including risk management; and delivering value through effective balance sheet management.
In this stream, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to support Ministerial advice on various commercial and governance decisions
- Collaborate with Crown Entities, State Owned Enterprises and cross-Treasury teams to understand key risks to delivering commercial strategies
- Execute technical processes such as pricing financial instruments or assessing value at risk from a financial portfolio
- Partner with debt management and export credit to consider the liability side of the balance sheet in all advice, and
- Support the key accountability processes between Ministers and Boards.
Hear from our graduates: