The Policy, Performance and Advisory stream offers you the opportunity to work with the Treasury teams that focus on improving New Zealanders’ wellbeing through their policy advice and contribution to the development of the Budget.
This stream is for those with a strong interest in public institutions and policy, how government works, public expenditure and outcomes for New Zealand. You do not need a specific academic background for this stream but we do look for strong academic transcripts and an ability to work confidently with people and numbers.
In this stream, you will have the opportunity to:
- Advise on the government’s annual expenditure and budget package
- Liaise with agencies over new policy initiatives, business cases and significant Cabinet papers
- Work closely with government agencies on financial reporting, baseline funding and obligations under the Public Finance Act
- Work on issues of public expenditure and fiscal management, including monitoring and financial performance
- Advise the Minister primarily on financial implications and strategic alignment of Government policy proposals
Hear from our graduates: