A Treasury intern is very similar to a Treasury graduate – the difference for us is our interns have remaining study to complete and are therefore on fixed-term agreements. So like our graduates, what we look for in our interns is someone who can both progress the small details of a day-to-day job while remaining focused on the big picture – raising living standards for all New Zealanders.
We remain committed to employing talent that represents the New Zealand community in which we serve. We make sure we build a diverse and competent workforce by hiring interns from many different academic disciplines, backgrounds, locations and life experiences.
A Treasury intern is a conscientious individual who:
- Can successfully adapt to an ever changing political and economic environment,
- Has a desire to continue growing their professional and technical talents,
- Has a capacity for working with numbers (all our graduate roles work in the detail of the numbers that influence policy advice),
- Has the ability to relate well with others, and can understand and influence outside perspectives,
- Clarifies areas of ambiguity and filters irrelevant or distracting information,
- Thinks critically and analytically about problems and their solutions,
- Thrives under pressure and can juggle multiple priorities, and
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing for a wide range of audiences.