We are committed to diversify our thinking and foster and harness greater diversity in the people who work for us.
The potential of our diversity is brought to life through our adoption of inclusive ways of working and fostering a culture of inclusion.
- Strive for excellence, care about what happens in New Zealand and understand what is happening in the real world
- Work collaboratively and have strong relationship skills so we can have great conversations with New Zealanders
- Embrace new ways of working, new ways of thinking, and new ways of engaging
- Share their opinions and are involved in discussions with decision makers, whether it is Treasury managers, our leadership team, leaders in State Sector organisations and Crown owned entities or Ministers.
- Have an enquiring mind, seek to understand different perspectives and look for new insights
- Do credible analysis and research that enables sound advice that policy-makers and the public can be confident about
- Have fun at work, and have a life outside of work
We are an organisation that is committed to being bold and innovative, passionate and ambitious, collaborative and challenging, adaptable and focused.
Why work for us
- We’re part of the central Government agencies – so we’re close to decision makers
- We look at the big picture to influence big decisions about the economy and the government’s finances
- We engage with a range of people, groups and communities to make sure we understand the issues
- It’s not just about divvying up the finances; it’s about whether a real difference is being made to the lives of all New Zealanders
- Policy advice on the economy and the government finances
- Financial Operations with the Debt Management Office and Export Credit Office
- Commercial Operations who look after the commercial interests of the Crown
- Teams with research roles
- Treasury corporate services – Legal, Communications & Business Support
- Shared corporate services (Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology and Information Management) that support the three Central Agencies – the Treasury, State Services Commission and Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Find out more about:
The Treasury offers interesting, diverse and stimulating work that addresses the big opportunities and complex challenges facing New Zealand.
- Career Development
We recognise excellence and support staff to develop to their full potential. We are committed to providing a range of work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations. This includes study assistance, learning and development opportunities, secondments (NZ and international), rotations, projects, external seminars or training courses, coaching and mentoring. Our organisational wide cultural development initiative also aims to increase staff knowledge and appreciation of Te Ao Māori (Māori world view).
- Your Wellbeing
We offer a supportive work environment and encourage a positive work/life balance with flexible work arrangements. We have a range of personal health and wellbeing support such as vision care, health checks, flu injections, health insurance assistance, childcare allowance, employee assistance programme (EAP) and a fitness assistance contribution. You also have the opportunity to be involved in social clubs, fitness activities and volunteer opportunities.
Working in New Zealand
We welcome applications from people living overseas. If you want to work in New Zealand, and are currently based overseas you can find out more about your entitlement to work by visiting the following.
Some roles require security clearances that can only be held by New Zealand citizens. Our advertising information will specify this if it is a condition.
If you would like to know more about Wellington and New Zealand, go to:
Search our current vacancies to find out about the interesting opportunities we currently have available and how to apply.
Hear more about our environment and the work we do on YouTube and visit us on LinkedIn.