Our Executive Leadership Team (ELT) is the top leadership body here at the Treasury. It is responsible for the strategic leadership of the organisation, driving its performance, and the overall health of the organisation.
Responsibilities of individual ELT members can be grouped into five main areas:
- Strategic Priorities – ELT members are the Senior Responsible Owners of the five strategic priority programmes of work, and the programmes are reported on through ELT.
- Directorates – Each Deputy Secretary has responsibility for their Directorate(s).
- Programme Responsibilities – Some ELT members sit on or chair other Treasury governance groups as the Senior Responsible Owner for specific work programmes.
- External Relationships – Each ELT member is a sponsor for a number of key external relationships, with responsibility for the overall health of the relationship.
- Regional Responsibilities – Each ELT member has responsibility for leading the Treasury's engagement with stakeholders in one or more regions of NZ.