New Zealand PPP projects to date include projects in the Education, Corrections and Transport sectors.
Current PPP Projects:
- Hobsonville Schools PPP (primary and secondary schools at Hobsonville Point) – completed in 2013 and now operating (education services provided by the Ministry of Education).
- Auckland South Correctional Facility (Wiri Prison – a 960 bed men’s prison) completed in 2015 and now operating (custodial services provided by the PPP contractor).
- Transmission Gully expressway (27km expressway, Wellington) due to be completed in 2020.
- Schools 2 PPP (a bundle of four schools in Canterbury, Auckland and Queenstown) completed in 2017 (Canterbury and Auckland) and 2018 (Queenstown) and now operating (education services provided by the Ministry of Education).
- Auckland Prison (new maximum security facility and refurbishment of existing facility at Paremoremo Prison) completed in 2018 and now operating (custodial services provided by the Department of Corrections).
- Pūhoi to Warkworth state highway (18 km expressway, Auckland) – contractual close achieved Nov 2016, due to be completed in 2022.
- Schools PPP3, an initial bundle of three primary schools in Auckland and Hamilton and two co-located secondary schools in Christchurch due to open in 2019.
- Waikeria Prison (a new 500 bed high security prison with an integrated 100 bed mental health unit) due to be completed in 2022.