An NGO CE talks about how to shake up an organisation transforming its productivity, without falling apart, corrupting their soul, or losing heart. Laura Black shares Methodist Mission Southern's experience of making major change using aspects of measurement, evaluation and outcomes and coming through the other side – and what government can learn from this as it considers sectoral change.
About Laura Black Director of Methodist Mission Southern
- 25 years' management level experience in the NGO and private sectors.
- Specialist in the use of outcomes data in social services.
- Expertise in business management, financial management, human resource management, restructures, practice development, strategic planning, project management, policy analysis, and communications.
- Board member - NZ Council of Christian Social Services.
- Chairperson - Otago Participatory Science Platform.
Note: Papers, presentation slides and any other material provided by the Guest Lecturer will be made available some time after the lecture at Publications > Media & Speeches > Guest Lectures by Visiting Academics.