The Government has launched public consultation on the second phase of its reforms to the Overseas Investment Act. Read the related media statement by Hon David Parker Less red tape, new national interest test focus of consultation on overseas investment rules
The consultation document looks at – and seeks public feedback on – issues relating to the types of assets that are screened, who is screened, and how the screening process is conducted.
- A3 overview – an at a glance summary of issues being considered
- Summary: Overseas investment in New Zealand – a quick guide to the key topics being consulted on
- Consultation document – a comprehensive assessment of the reform options being considered
How you can get involved
We invite interested people and organisations to give their views on the reform options in this consultation document. You can do this by:
- attending a public meeting or hui, and/or
- completing a written submission and either emailing it to email@example.com or posting it to:
Overseas Investment Act Reform
PO Box 3724
An editable Word template is available to create your written submission.
If you do not use this template, please ensure that your submission contains your name, contact details, and location (region of New Zealand/country). If you are submitting on behalf of an organisation, please include the name of the organisation and your position in the organisation.
Public meetings will be held in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
- Auckland - 1 May 2019, 5.00pm - Register now
- Wellington - 7 May 2019, 5.00pm - Register now
- Christchurch - 8 May 2019, 5.00pm - Register now
The closing date for submissions is 24 May 2019.
Other key documents
- Terms of reference (PDF 566 KB)
Find out more about the Review
For general enquiries about Phase 2 of the Overseas Investment Act reform, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All media enquiries should be directed to: email@example.com