Public notice calling for submissions to the Waterview Connection Procurement Steering Group.
The government has established the Waterview Connection Procurement Steering Group to investigate the feasibility of progressing the Waterview Connection section of Auckland’s Western Ring Route as a Public Private Partnership (PPP). A PPP is a long term contract between the public sector and the private sector covering planning, construction, operation and/or financing of public infrastructure and services.
The Steering Group invites written submissions from interested people and organisations about whether procuring the Waterview Connection as a PPP could deliver value for money. Further information about the Steering Group and its Terms of Reference is available at http://www.treasury.govt.nz/publications/informationreleases/waterview.
The Steering Group’s investigation is limited to considering procurement options for the Waterview Connection. Transit NZ is currently consulting with the public on the design and alignment of the Waterview Connection, which are issues the Steering Group will not consider. Further information about the Waterview Connection and Transit NZ’s public consultation process is available at http://www.transit.govt.nz/projects/waterviewconnection/.
A submissions form to guide your response about the procurement of the Waterview Connection as a PPP is available on the Treasury website, at: http://www.treasury.govt.nz/publications/informationreleases/waterview. To assist the analysis of submissions, respondents are requested to limit their submission to six A4 pages.
Completed submissions can be emailed to: email@example.com
or posted to:
Waterview Connection Procurement Steering Group
C/- The Treasury
PO Box 3724
All submissions, either electronic or by post, should be received by Friday 11 April 2008.
All submissions may become publicly available after the Steering Group has reported to Ministers, under the terms of the Official Information Act 1982. If you consider that good reason exists for withholding all or parts of your submission, please clearly identify this on your submission together with the reason(s) why you believe it should be withheld. Any request for non-disclosure will be considered in line with the reasons for withholding information under the Official Information Act 1982 and the Privacy Act 1993.
Questions on which the Steering Group would appreciate your views are listed below:
- What specific benefits or costs do you consider would arise if the Waterview Connection was procured through a Public Private Partnership (PPP)? Please explain the reasons for your answer.
- If the Waterview Connection is procured as a PPP, what do you consider would be the best form of PPP to ensure value for money? Please explain the reasons for your answer.
- Are there particular advantages you consider would be gained from procuring the Waterview Connection as a PPP that would not be gained through some other form of procurement? Please explain the reasons for your answer.
- What do you consider to be the level of market appetite for PPPs in the New Zealand transport sector? Please explain the reasons for your answer.
- Please provide any additional comments you may wish to make about the possible procurement of the Waterview Connection as a PPP.
Sir Brian Elwood
On behalf of Waterview Connection Procurement Steering Group