Formats and related files
The Treasury has released a discussion paper on the topic of contracting for social services.
The paper draws its key themes directly from conversations with a number of non-government providers of social services. It analyses the social sector contracting environment from the perspective of an economic market.
The paper identifies four key areas for improvement:
- Managing contracting risks
- Higher quality information
- Target the burden of collecting, researching and reporting on NGOs’ performance
- Improve the transparency of government processes
- Better determination of the balance of what is delivered directly and what is contracted out, and
- Processes to agree outcomes and maximise NGO ownership of final outcomes.
Using PDF Files
Key to sections of the Official Information Act 1982 under which information has been withheld.
Certain information in this document has been withheld under one or more of the following sections of the Official Information Act, as applicable:
- confidential information, under section 9(2)(ba)(i) - to protect information that is subject to an obligation of confidence, or that was or could be provided under legal compulsion, and where releasing the information would either prejudice the supply of similar information in the future - and it is in the public interest that such information should continue to be supplied, and
- advice still under consideration, section 9(2)(f)(iv) - to maintain the current constitutional conventions protecting the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers and officials.
In preparing this release the Treasury has considered the public interest considerations in section 9(1) of the Official Information Act.
Contact for Media EnquiriesAidan Meerman | Principal Communications Advisor
Tel: +64 4 917 6163