Information releases relating to the development of KiwiSaver policy.
The KiwiSaver scheme was first announced in Budget 2005. The Treasury has made the following information releases relating to the development of Government policy on KiwiSaver. Note that there are KiwiSaver components to the larger Budget information releases as well as a specific KiwiSaver release.
Releases include (in reverse chronological order):
- Restrictions on High Loan-to-Value Ratios Lending - Documents relating to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ)'s introduction of restrictions on high loan-to-value ratio (LVR) lending which also discuss policy options for the KiwiSaver Deposit Subsidy and Welcome Home Loan scheme.
- KiwiSaver Evaluation Literature Review (September 2007) - Update to the Background to KiwiSaver Policy Development release.
- KiwiSaver section of the Budget 2007 - Budget Information release (May 2007).
- Background to KiwiSaver Policy Development (updated on various dates in 2006 and 2007).
- Securing Your Future - Securing Your Future was a Budget 2005 package of saving-related measures that included KiwiSaver.
Related Information on the Treasury Web Site
- KiwiSaver - Topic page which is an overview of the KiwiSaver scheme and information on the Treasury web site.
- Information on KiwiSaver in Budget 2007
- KiwiSaver website
- Refining KiwiSaver First Home Deposit Subsidy and Expanding Welcome Home Loan to Assist First Home Buyers (Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment) - Release of Cabinet paper.