The Treasury administers the Overseas Investment Act 2005 and provides the Government with advice on overseas investment into New Zealand.
The information releases listed here relate to advice the Treasury has provided on the Overseas Investment Act and foreign investment policy more broadly.
- Overseas Investment Act Review – Forestry Supplementary Order Paper Development (4 February 2019) - Major papers relating to the pre-introduction development of the forestry Supplementary Order Paper. The material tracks the major policy development, and Cabinet’s consideration of the policy and subsequent Supplementary Order Paper
- Overseas Investment Office Fee Increases and Targeted Exemptions (3 June 2016) - Material relating to increases to the Overseas Investment Office's application fees and targeted exemptions to the investment screening regime announced by the Minister of Finance and Minister for Land Information on 5 May 2016.
- International Investment Growth Report (14 October 2015) - Government report prepared as an initiative under the Business Growth Agenda to highlight the state of foreign investment into and out of New Zealand.
- Review of Overseas Investment 2009/10 (9 December 2010) - Information page on the review of the Overseas Investment Act announced on 17 March 2009. This includes information on the findings announced by the Minister of Finance on 27 September 2010 and a release of documents (Treasury reports, Cabinet papers and public submissions) relating to the review.
- Strategic Assets - Changes to Overseas Investment Act Regulations (23 April 2008) - Papers relating to the introduction of a new regulation under the Overseas Investment Act 2005 relating to strategically important infrastructure on sensitive land.
- Review of Overseas Investment 2003-2005 - Papers relating to the review of the screening of inward bound foreign investment carried out in 2003 and 2004 and the resulting legislation - the Overseas Investment Act 2005.