Formats and related files
This paper constitutes part of the future research agenda identified in Guerin (2001). Detailed and frank feedback from Joanna Gordon, Murray Petrie and Mark Sowden from the Treasury was much appreciated, along with comments on this and/or earlier work from Gareth Chaplin, Megan Claridge, Mary-Ellen Fogarty, and Kirsty Hutchison from the Treasury, and Peter Mumford from the Ministry of Economic Development.
The views expressed in this Working Paper are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the New Zealand Treasury. The paper is presented not as policy, but with a view to inform and stimulate wider debate.
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 General principles for allocation and co-ordination of functions
- 2.3 Accountability and participation
- 2.4 Subsidiarity - decision criteria
- 3 Overseas experience
- 4 Trans-Tasman arrangements
- 5 New Zealand – central/regional/local government
- 6 Conclusion